On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:51:21PM +0100, Rob Partington wrote:

> Didn't Tony from Blackstar do this already?
>
>   Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:33:40 +0000
>   From: Tony Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Subject: Re: RFC: Tie::Scalar::Timeout
>
>   package Radioactive::Decay;
>   [snip]

Yes, but a) he never released it on CPAN, b) I couldn't find it with a
quick search through my archives, and c) mine does more, including letting
you define your own custom decay function.

Whilst I thought that a radioactive-style decay was a suitable default,
for the app I wrote it for, a simple decrement every time period was
more appropriate.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **