On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> I'm painfully aware that not everyone on this list has the same amount of
> experience and knowledge and that therefore some discussions may well go
> over the head of some of the newbies. It's therefore nice to be able to find
> ways to help out beginners.

uh huh ...

> For that reason, I'm happy to point out the the BBC are starting to repeat
> Buffy the Vampire Slayer right from the start. The very first episode will
> be shown this coming Thursday on BBC2 at 18:45. If you're going to be at the
> technical meeting then you can either video it or watch the repeat on 00:35
> on Friday night/Saturday morning.

umm .. would now be a good time to point out I don't have a television?

> After this run, we'll be able to assume that everyone has at least a
> rudimentary grasp of the basics which should make discussions much easier.

Any chance you could transcribe the important bits for us. (if as I
suspect, the important bits are umm .. errr .. 'soft and fleshy'  please
attach jpegs)

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!