On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:34:17PM +0100, Dean wrote:

> Your right, the perls are the same ActiveState are just a lot more aware of
> what the OS can do and lacks the ability to do and tries to compensate for
> them. If you have a stocked Windows box with nmake, VC++ and a bit of time
> you can get CPAN working on it.

You don't even need to pander to the evil empire. dmake will
work in place of nmake, and mingw32 (ie. egcs) works fine for
building perl and modules.

Last time I did this was a couple of years ago, and it took
a _long_ time to compile perl itself. Maybe they've made it
faster now.

 .robin.

--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal--Panama!
--Guy Jacobson