On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 12:29:24PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> And AFAIK, if it takes SDRAM at all, you can put in whatever you want; the
> speed is determined by min(mobo bus speed, memory spec speed). I've got
> PC133 memory in my Celeron board (66 MHz bus) and it works fine; the memory
> doesn't seem to care that it's accessed more slowly than it's capable of.
> (And another bank has, I think, PC100 memory in it -- the mix-n-match
> doesn't seem to be deleterious, either.)

If you have a board capable of running at PC100 and you have a mix of 100
and 133 then it'll all run fine at 100.

If you have a board capable of running at PC133 and you have a mix of 100
and 133 it'll still run fine but only at 100. Lowest common as you'd
expect.

        Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon