On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> http://se71.org/myimages/pm/picklist.jpg
>
> is the picklist for our server. As expected, the DIMMs are PC100 and not
> PC133. I strongly expect the motherboard will not be able to use the PC133s
> so either we need to upgrade the mobo, or change the order to purchase
> slower RAM. Can you try and do this before dabs dispatch the order Alex?

umm .. I recently obtained some new RAM and got PC133 even though I only
have a PC100 mobo and it works just fine. In general using faster memory
in a slower machine is not a problem,  but don't try it the other way
around. The speed of memory is its minimum guaranteed speed, its usually
faster than what it says on the tin anyway.

My feeling was by buying PC133 RAM it was something that would come in
useful in the futrure, where as PC100 will probably not be much use if I
upgraded my mobo.

Of course having said that it guarantees that your server will not accept
the PC133, in which case I'm sure you'll have no end of happy volunteers
(myself included) offering to swap it for similar PC100 units, so I
wouldn;t worry about it too much.

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!