On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 02:22:45PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> * Marcel Grunauer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > Data munging--- bah. Munging? If you note AOL dictionary... The only
> > > definition is for "mung bean".
> >
> > Maybe this just says something about the AOL dictionary.
> >

> /me throws his copy of the OED in the bin, favouring the much more
> 31337 AOL dictionary. [1]

/me had to look something up in a dictionary last night, and was not at
all impressed when not only did the OED not have the information I was
after (I wanted the Latin name of a particular plant) - it didn't have
the flipping thing at all!

OK, this was the CD version, so at only 650Mb it can't be as comprehensive
as the seventeen ton four mile long Real Thing, but it's a reasonably
common word and bloody well should have been in there.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

       Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our latest and greatest
         operating system which we couldn't be arsed to complete