On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:28:42PM +0100, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> Don't forget that even if you could automatically change the API over,
> you'd still have to change all the SQL in the API as well.  Which is
> probably just as difficult a task, given how much SQL can vary from
> product to product...

IME, the SQL only significantly varies when you're doing the kind of
SQL that could earn you a serious DBA label or you're working in a
bank. MySQL has fairly limited SQL capabilities which mapping onto
Oracle shouldn't be hard. The reverse obviously isn't true.

I have had stuff I've written on Access work on Oracle with very little
effort, the only glitch is suffering Access being case-sensitive with
its column names (SQL non-compliant in other words).

The purpose of this is a MySQL -> Oracle migration for apps that have
MySQL support who want to Go Big. I don't see there being a big market
for Oracle -> MySQL frankly.

Paul