On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:51:59PM +0100, Chris Heathcote wrote:
> > on 25/4/01 5:25 pm, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> >
> > > If you read
> > > the small print they threaten to disconnect service if whois info isn't
> > > accurate. Pity you have to supply perfect info for spammers.
> >
> > I think that's fair, like accepting mail to postmaster@, hostmaster@,
> > webmaster@ etc. It's not like email addresses are in short supply.
>
> What I meant, it's a pity a legitimate 'Net facility is abused for
> the purposes of direct marketing rather than its original aim which
> is to get into contact with the domain owner for some technical,
> billing or administrative reason. By providing my name in whois I am
> not declaring my interest in $29.95 Religious PhDs...

it simple .. all spammers must die.

I have had much success with some simple techniques.
posting to newsgroups with a nospam@blah address and jsut 550'ing all that
for a start.
550'ing anything .kr .cn china.com
tracerouting the website rather than the mail account, complaining from
root@<blah>  to the host owner and the upstream

'550 no such user' does eventually seem to get through to them that I
really dont want this crap.

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!