On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 11:07:08PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> Can any of you boozy reprobates recommend a boozer in Dublin for a geeky
> piss-up?

My first recommendation would be the Messrs. Maguire on Burgh Key is a
nice place - very *big* pub (it's on three levels) and serves pretty
good food. It reminds me a lot of the place opposite London Bridge tube
station where we had the MJD Meet.

The Oliver St. John Gogarty is a bit smaller, and I'm not sure about the
food, but it's a good place to hang out, drink and listen to Irish folk.
Possibly a good idea to move there after Messrs. Maguire, because it
Maguire's gets bloody packed.

As a last resort, anywhere in Temple Bar is worth looking at.

--
In this talk, I would like to speculate a little, on ... the development
of intelligent life. I shall take this to include the human race, even

PGP signature