Matthew Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> medicine and so on. Has anybody worked out how much it would cost to buy the
> same services as a private citizen compared to the cost that the state
> charges in tax?

People have tried to do this and the figures I saw suggest the private
sector can supply, on average, any service at half the price of the
public.

Of course I am sure it isn't difficult to get the figures to say other
things as well.

> Also, how is a privately-run service more efficient if you have shareholders
> creaming money off the top. Enlighten me.

Because it's easier to get rid of them and get someone else to supply
the service if they are crap.

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.