On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 02:54:41PM +0100, Cross David - dcross wrote:
> [...]

After Chris Barrie, he wasn't as good. He was, however, a lot better than
Craig Charles (who I saw a different time).

He just seemed to be a bit depressed about being old. :/

> (Norman Lovett)++

If you say so. :)

> I've got a recording of Lovett telling a joke about my school.
> "I went to a comprehensive school in Clacton-on-Sea[1].
>  (pause)
>  I left that school with one O Level.
>  (longer pause)
>  But they caught up with me and made me give it back."

:) I think the pauses are his strong point. And this kind of joke is
actually funny when he does it. But he's a bit of a one-trick wonder
IYSWIM.

> [1] I have no reason to believe that Norman Lovett actually _did_ go to my
> school[2].
> [2] Sade did tho'. She was a couple of years older than me. Everyone hated
                         ^^^
> her because she was a stuck-up bitch. I still can't listen to her music.

Are you older than her now? :)

MBM (feeling silly on a friday afternoon. :)