-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Pretsell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I'm interested to know if anyone uses Safari to read O'Reilly books online.

>It sounds like a good idea (must be better than having 3 editions of Programming Perl) and I'm tempted to give it a go, so any Safari subscribers out >there with an opinion?

I've not started using it yet but I'll admit to being very tempted on a couple of occasions (When I need the cookbook and my CD's at home mostly) the only real thing putting me off is the need to be constantly on-line. I do a lot of my work on my laptop with no network connections so I don't get distracted by things like e-mail and I'd like a local copy, you could write a slow crawler to make up for this but that sorta breaks the spirit of it and I imagine Nat not being too happy with me ;)

I was impressed by the Manning way of letting me download a PDF of the book, it makes my life easier since I can use it off line. On the other hand I thought Manning would have released their back catalogue in ebook as well as they have a very limited selection at the moment.

I suppose the issue with books as PDF is that it leaves you wide open to rampant copying... Although you could slow crawl safari and zip 'em up.

    Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
   ---  Anon