On Sun, 20 May 2001, Dave Cross wrote:
> At 00:06 20/05/2001, James Powell wrote:

> > > The really interesting bit was Mr Ford dancing around in his living
> > > room crowing because Sara Cox had read his name out on the radio.
> >
> >Ahh Sara Cox - as deserving of her position in the FHM top 100 women
> >as she is of her £750K out of the license fee for two years blathering.
>
> I'm sure I'm really in the minority here, but I can't be the only one who
> finds all this discussion of the FHM list distasteful. I've never really
> understood why intelligent men find it acceptable to objectify women in
> this way.

Don't think you're in that much of a minority. But it seems top-shelf
magazines are becoming more acceptable in some circles these days.

I suspect the current 'Lad's' magazines phase is a backlash against the
crazy political correctness of the 80's .. hopefully the whole thing will
settle down eventually. I don't particularly care that much about it. The
women in things like FHM are most certainly in there by choice and doing
rather nicely from the whole thing thankyou. They are of course brainless
bimbettes but thats another matter. I do find it rather objectionable is
having them learing off the counter of every petrol station and
newsagent you go to, when they should be on a nice high shelf somewhere.

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited
Real Solutions For A Virtual World