On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 09:48:28AM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> Anyway, does anyone know of any XML authoring tools (any platform) that let you
>compose XML against a Schema (latest spec), enforcing validation as you go?
>
> XML-Spy seems great in most respects but appears to have bugs in this last one.

We've been using 0.9x versions of epcEdit for the last few months
(http://www.tksgml.de/ maybe moved to http://www.epcedit.de/)  but the
recently released v1.0 only gives 60?90? days use before requiring
payment.  It has crashed a few times (usually on Widnos) but we've
used it to create a 300+ page book and will do a second next month.

Win32, Linux/i386 and Solaris versions available.  Uses Tcl/Tk and a
custom library.  Some niggles with the user interface (cursor moving
off-screen during a large paste, ...) but it absolutely enforces the
schema and can show list the valid tags at each point.

We'll be buying it before the end of June for I think c. us$400
--
Chris Benson