On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 05:41:45PM +0100, Mark Fowler wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> > Section "ServerLayout" Identifier "Default Layout" Screen "Primary"
> > Screen "Secondary" LeftOf "Primary" InputDevice "Generic Keyboard"
> > InputDevice "Configured Mouse" EndSection
> >

> Look, look, bad Text::Autoformat setup.  I suck.  Anyway..

Wait 'til you have 'X' at the end of a sentence! Or e.g. or something.
It gets Microsoftly clever.

> And I have
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier  "another layout"
>     Screen      "Primary"
>     Screen      "Secondary" RightOf "Primary"
>     InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
>     InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection
>
> You really only have to change LeftOf and RightOf to switch the monitors
> around (which I did last time I moved desk as I went from having one
> monitor to the left of the primary console monitor to having one monitor
> to the right.)
>
> You can't do that in Windows.  Ha.

Can too! You can have the 2nd one in any orientation at all to the 1st,
1400 pixels to the left, 1000 above, with a 1024x768 screen. *And* you
can do all this without restarting your window manager..

Not that I like Windows or anything :)

Paul