-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Umm, *strokes beard* by archive you mean tar file, right?  If so then
>Archive::Tar looks likely, and it even automagically deals with .gz

This does exactly what I wanted, a pint is yours at the next meeting!

>files via Compress::Zlib (or so it says in the readme)
It does as well, this should save a lot of grief.

>No non-core modules though?  Can't you just create a local lib path
>with Archive::Tar in it and say you didn't cheat?

If I can't get the module on the server then I guess I'll have to be
inventive and just add the whole module to my script ;)

And now back to your scheduled Buffy discussion.
    Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand.
   ---  Anon