On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 08:04:46PM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:

> umm ..
>
> so .. you people with boxen in various places .. quick show of hands:
>
> is 15 quid a shot
> cheap         [  ]
> normal                [  ]
> expensive     [  ]
>
> for lobbing a dat tape into a box and slinging in a new one?

That seemed the going rate for the dirt-cheap boxhosters I looked at.

OTOH It makes Nildram's gbp2000 p.a. including 15mins of technician/day to
do whatever you need seem very good value.

<RANT>This is the difference between a company looking at every person
as a cost centre who has to earn their keep (by screwing the customer
as often and as deeply as possible) and someone looking to provide a
service by offering the customer what they need.</RANT>

(I also liked that boxen at Nildram were only a link or two from LYNX
while a couple of the large co-locators I considered were 10 hops inside
BT's tangled web away).
--
Chris Benson
        * unsolicited free recommendations a speciality *