On Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:59:32 +0100
Paul Mison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 07/06/2001 at 10:45 +0100, Robert Shiels wrote:
>
> >Between 5 and 6pm I'll be wandering up and down TCR looking for a new PDA.
> >Sony Clie is my preferred choice at the moment. If anyone knows a good
> >shop,
> >or is good at haggling and wants to help, I'm on 07801 814138.
>
> When this came up on IRC I asked at Micro Anvika who wanted 240 ukp inc
> vat for the basic package (8MB onboard, 8MB memory stick, etc). Mark
> Fowler paid about the same, but after haggling his way up and down the
> street, so I'd just cut the hassle and go there.
>
> Mind you, I'm no good at the haggling thing, so YMMV.

On a roughly related note, can anyone recommend somewhere to look for the
following.

1) Laptop screen repairs. We have had the backlight go on a gateway at
work that is out of warrantee.

2) Cheep low end laptops. Basically don't need anything with a lot of zoom,
just want to put linux on it to relieve train boredom. So my only real
want is reasonably standard kit inside and battery life.

--
Tony Kennick
TechnoPhobia Limited.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the addressee and are
intended solely for the recipients use. If you are not the addressee, you
have received this e-mail in error. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author personally and
not TechnoPhobia Limited who do not accept responsibility for the contents
of the message.

All e-mail communications, in and out of TechnoPhobia, are recorded for
monitoring purposes.