> From: Philip Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Roger Burton West wrote:
> > DBD::CSV is your friend.
>
> I second that. DBD::CSV is yum. Also handles escaping of
> double quotes or
> commas when inserting strings, etc.

DBD:CSV seems to be popular and on reading the docs I can see why...

... did I mention that the powers that be want to ability to hand modify
these files? And possibly by people who do not know what they are doing?

That's part of the reason why I would rather not have to worry about
escaping anything out in the data file itself - just in case somebody breaks
it.

Rob
paranoia's just a state of mind

except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of IBNet
Plc.

disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify the sender
this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.