On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:49:38AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> People wrote:
> > Today (or maybe yesterday) orbz started listing the entire internet.  So
> > MAPS were vaguely competent for the most part, but their trick of
> I don't understand how anyone could feel comfortable deligating the
> desision of who can and cannot send you mail to a third party.

Why not?  You delegate all sorts of decisions to others, why should mail
be any different?  It's merely a matter of deciding who to trust.  And how
much to trust 'em, which brings us on to how such lists are *really* used.

Sensible people use such lists merely as one of many tools each of which
indicates that a message may or may not be Bad, and only flag messages for
special treatment if they trip over a certain threshold.  Note that I said
flag messages for special treatment.  Not decline them.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

    Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
    to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
    number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet