On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:24, HellyerP wrote;

  He> IIRC, research at the University of Calgary has recently
  He> demonstrated that the brain changes associated with Alzheimer's
  He> are directly attributable to Mercury poisoning.  Of course,
  He> that's largely in your head[1], as the standard 'silver'
  He> fillings are comprised of just over 50% mercury.  Not to mention
  He> its use in anti-fungals, pesticides, etc., and the high levels
  He> typically found in sea food.

He does mention mercury and PCB contamination as one potential
drawback with using average fish oil.  That research is interesting,
though I wonder if they are showing correlation or causitive effect.
If Alzheimer's is a condition caused by brain degeneration, presumably
there are several ways that this can happen.

It is possible to get fish oil which has had these contaminants
removed... perhaps this is more important than I thought.  In his book
he details several cases of literally reversing patients with
alzheimer's disease back to full memory capacity & personality in
months using an Insulin regulating diet and (clean) concentrated fish
oil.  If you're interested, I'll send you a link to the book, it's a
good read.

  He> My s.o. has been ill for years with extreme pain, fatigue, and
  He> brain troubles.  She's starting to recover after having had her
  He> fillings exchanged for composite ones last year.  Without doing
  He> much in the way of detox, some of her symptoms have almost
  He> completely gone, and the rest about half better.

/me considers getting all his amalgam fillings changed to composite...
--
Sam Vilain, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A seeming ignorance is often a most necessary part of worldly
knowledge.
 - anon.