On 1 Sep 2003 at 10:31, Nigel Hamilton wrote:

> I tried using Apache MultiViews to served pre-compressed static content,
> but to no avail. The idea was Apache would map a request for index.html to
> index.html.gz and serve the precompressed file instead. In the same way
> that language encoded files are mapped: index.html -> index.html.jp .
>
> Has anyone managed to get content negotiation to work for pre-compressed
> static content? ... this is the ideal scenario speed-wise.

I've managed to have a file foo.html.gz and have Apache serve that on a
request for foo.html. I did not, however, have a file foo.html in the
same directory, so content negotiation wasn't really involved, or not
in the way that I understand you are after.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>