On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 09:12:38PM +0000, Daniel Perrett wrote:
> =head1 TANGENT
>
> ... about the design of context in perl.
>
> I get how you can do things like {%original, %changes}, but is there a
> reason why the => couldn't add some magic and assume scalar context on
> whatever it precedes? The only case I imagine it would break would be
> a hypothetical {%original,  key=> @odd_list }, but I don't know why
> anyone would do that.

Perhaps it would be nice if it had been like that right from the start,
but ...

http://grep.cpan.me/?q=%3D%3E+%40

PLEASE NOTE: This message was meant to offend everyone equally,
regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, politics, choice
of beer, operating system, mode of transport, or their editor.