It is a NT 4.0 machine. For that particular machine, I also applied the
same fix that you have mentioned (enabled SimulatePassThrough
). But for a change Microsoft mentioned compliance to RFC :), and I was
wondering if LPRng lpd server can send the codes as per RFC1179 and send
the 'l' control command so that I don't have to do the registry hacks on
few other NT 4.0 machines.

Thanks,

rajeev