> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Nov 15 16:29:16 2001
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:28:18 -0500
> From: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: LPRng: LPRng and AIX
>
> On Thursday, November 15, 2001 23:38:20 +0100, Niklas Edmundsson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> +-----
> | The only thing we are having problems with is ifhp's interaction with
> | our HP4SiMX's when users prints PDF's generated in Windows (meaning
> | that the HP hangs sort of).
> +--->8
>
> Don't use the stock Windows drivers; use Adobe's PostScript printer driver
> for Windows:
>  http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Win
> dows
>
> The Windows driver does Bad Things, and the HP driver mucks with the
> Windows print spooler in ways that can break or complicate other things.
> This has worked with our HP5SiMXs.
>
> --
> brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
> carnegie mellon university     [linux: proof of the million monkeys theory]

<WARNING>
Do NOT take this seriously folks...  but I was just reading an article
on 'Hidden Gotchas on Web Sites' just the other day when I read
Brandon's email.  On the other hand,  this is exactly what was being
talked about in the article so there may be some foundation to it...
  Patrick ("Bring on the handcuffs Fred...") Powell
</WARNING>

Please note that by posting this information the to the LPRng
mailing list,  Mr. Allbery may have violated the terms of the Adobe
'Terms of Use' agreement (applicable part shown below).  I fully
expect the Dept. of Justice folks to show up on his doorstep
tomorrow.  Adobe is REALLY agressive in pursuing violators.

Applicable Part:

         INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; LIMITED LICENSE TO USERS
         The Materials and Services on this Site, as well as their selection and
arrangement, are
         protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other intellectual property
laws, and
         any unauthorized use of the Materials or Services at this Site may violate
such laws and
         the Terms of Use. Except as expressly provided herein, Adobe and its
suppliers do not
         grant any express or implied rights to use the Materials and Services. You
agree not to
         copy, republish, frame, download, transmit, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell,
assign,
         distribute, license, sublicense, reverse engineer, or create derivative works
based on
         the Site, its Materials, or its Services or their selection and arrangement,
except as
         expressly authorized herein. In addition, you agree not to use any data
mining, robots,
         or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Site.

Note that the applicable part is 'data mining',  and perhaps while
Mr. Allbery is not a robot (Ummm...  CMU does have a Robotics group,
so I will have to take this on faith.),  he has clearly done 'data
mining'.

Don't you just love the stuff that is buried on these web sites?

Patrick ("Non disclosure agreement says that I can't leave my
  brain to research cause it violates the terms of the data mining
  clause?  Hmm... I think they have been reading too many SF
  novels while smoking those funny little brown cigars...") Powell