How about getting rid of the backspaces before you print the script files?

O'Reilly's Unix Power Tools, second edition, section 51.06 "Cleaning
script files"

Search Google for "script.tidy" and you will find it.

Phillip Griffith  (803) 952-8776
Information Technology Department
Westinghouse Savannah River Company

Lisa Weihl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>