"David W. Taylor" wrote:

> Patrick Powell wrote:
> >
> > > From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Nov 26 10:45:39 2001
> > > Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 12:45:08 -0500 (EST)
> > > From: Ryan Novosielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Subject: Re: LPRng: messages in printer display
> > >
> > > This isn't exactly the problem -- the problem is I *like* the \%s{n}...,
> > > and instead I am getting "PROCESSING JOB FROM TRAY 2" which is something
> > > the printer is saying. This is not useful information to me.
> > >
> > > ---- _  _ _  _ ___  _  _  _
> > > \__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - Robert Wood Johnson MS - S-B11
> >
> > It looks like whenever there is a PostScript command in the data file
> > to select trays that the HP5 will display the current tray...
> >
> > Just my suspicion now,  based on 1 trial with 1 document using 'manual feed'
> >
> > Patrick
>
> I get similar results! It has something to do with the tray select
> command because I have an old Sunos system that does not do the message
> but is tray selecting,,, But my Solaris box does the "so and so to tray
> whatever"..... My sunos box gens Postscript level 1,,, I havn't figured
> what teh SOlaris postscript level is but if it ties in I'll be back.
>
> Dave

Ok I found it,,, i think..... On my old Sun OS box i'm running
hpnp form good old HP..... My system is generating Postscript
and sending it to the 5SI. On my New shiny Solaris Ultra I'm running
lprng/IFHP and it generates PCL for the 5SI. PCL jobs trigger the
display
information and PS jobs don't.....

David Taylor
Printer victim at large.
"You do realise I have OTHER work to do than fix printing ,,,, Right?"
(ME)
Huh?? (Customer/User/.....)