This is technically more of a Samba problem, but I bet someone will be
willing to help me a little here.

The problem here is that we have 4 campus servers. Each one hosts a Samba
domain. Sometimes, users for whatever reason will go to a different campus
(where they may or may not have an account -- the problem occurs when they
do not). They log in using the Samba domain of their home site, but
attempt to use printers on the campus they are visiting. While the PC they
are using knows what their username is, and I can take this on good faith,
since they do not have an account on the machine Samba serving the
printers, their jobs print as the network guest user. This is clearly a
problem for accounting. Does anyone know of a way for LPRng to find out
who the client PC is logged in as by the time accounting occurs? We don't
wish to just give away pages to students who happen to travel. It's a
shame the setup is the way it is, but I'm just looking for a way to make
this work in our current environment.

Thanks for any help you may wish to give me!

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - New Jersey Medical School - C630