On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 09:13:53AM +1300, Bobby Cheema wrote:
> I want to use all the available options with lpr -Z, The man page only
> says you can use options but the options are not provided
>
> lpr -Plp -Zdocs /etc/hosts
>
> is supposed to print all the options but in my case its prininting the
> hosts file instead. Any idea is to what is going wrong here.

The -Z flag means send those options to the print spooler, which is
generally your filter. It's not really up to lprng to do much with it.

-Zdocs looks like a foomatic flag to me, are you sure that you have the
foomatic (or whatever you are using) filter installed?

  - Craig

--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer