Speaking as WG member:

I couldn’t agree more with Ketan. No changes are required to these documents.

From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of "Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)"
<ket...@cisco.com>
Date: Monday, April 2, 2018 at 7:36 AM
To: Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>
Cc: "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Inconsistence regarding the definition of "Adj-SID Sub-TLV"
between OSPF and ISIS extension for Segment Routing

Hi Aijun,

I understand what you are referring to now, but these are not inconsistencies.
ISIS, OSPF and BGP-LS are 3 different protocols. Their encodings may not all be
the same. ISIS uses 1 byte for type/length and has LSP space constraints which
you would notice in the protocol encodings. OSPF doesn’t have the same
challenge and you would notice how its TLVs tend to be aligned. BGP-LS is
somewhat similar to OSPF from these size constraints perspective.

I do not see the implementation challenges in encoding from the two IGPs into
BGP-LS. It does not make sense to change any of the protocol encodings that you
ask for currently since implementations have been shipping with them for many
years.

IMHO it is not necessary to put such constraints for what you call
“consistency” on these 3 protocol encodings in the future. However, we do try
to be consistent in semantics as much as possible.

Thanks,
Ketan