Hi Tony,

while I appreciate the flexibility associated with the centralized computation of the flooding topology, it has some drawbacks as well:

1. "flooding topology" must be flooded. This makes the flooding dependent on the flooded data itself.

2. The extra flooding of "flooding topology" adds some delay in the convergence towards the new "flooding topology".

Have you considered the distributed computation of "flooding topology" using some standardized algorithm?

Eventually we can support multiple standardized algorithms. A node can advertise support for several algorithms and the "active" algorithm is selected based on some criteria that would guarantee that all nodes in the flooding domain select the same one.

thanks,
Peter