From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Alvaro Retana
Sent: 07 April 2018 00:19
To: lsr@ietf.org
Cc: lsr-cha...@ietf.org; draft-ietf-ospf-link-overl...@ietf.org; Acee Lindem
(acee) <a...@cisco.com>
Subject: [Lsr] Implementations of draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload

Dear lsr WG:

draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload [1] defines a new BGP-LS Graceful-Link-Shutdown
TLV.  When an early allocation was requested, it was mistakenly requested from
the "BGP-LS NLRI-Types" registry [2], not from the "BGP-LS Node Descriptor,
Link Descriptor, Prefix Descriptor, and Attribute TLVs” registry [3].  IANA
allocated a value according to the request: 1101.

The mistake wasn't noticed until the document was in IESG Evaluation -- we are
in the process of correcting it.  However, the 1101 code point is already
allocated [*] in the "BGP-LS Node Descriptor, Link Descriptor, Prefix
Descriptor, and Attribute TLVs” registry, so a different value is needed - the
current suggested value is 1121.

Are there implementations of draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload with the 1101 code
point?  Are there deployments of those implementations?  What will be the
impact of changing the value to 1121?

Thanks!

Alvaro.

[*] The 1101 code point in the "BGP-LS Node Descriptor, Link Descriptor, Prefix
Descriptor, and Attribute TLVs” registry corresponds to the Peer-Node-SID, an
early allocation made to draft-ietf-idr-bgpls-segment-routing-epe [4], which
says that "several early implementations exist".

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload/
[2]
https://www.iana.org/assignments/bgp-ls-parameters/bgp-ls-parameters.xhtml#nlri-types
[3]