Hi Uma,

On 17/07/18 09:43 , Uma Chunduri wrote:
Hi Peter,

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Psenak [mailto:ppse...@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 9:34 AM
To: Uma Chunduri <uma.chund...@huawei.com>; Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)
<ket...@cisco.com>; lsr@ietf.org
Cc: spr...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Concerns with draft-chunduri-lsr-isis-preferred-path-routing

        > flex-algo is NOT a per path state. It's a regular prefix-SID, which
is bound to a prefix only.

Not quite. I will come back to this bit later.

please do so, as I don't know what do you mean by "Not quite".

        >The problem with your proposal is that you flood all paths to all
routers in the area and ask every router to evaluate all of them and see which of
them may apply. This scale poorly.

Please see Section 6, in 01 version.

the section 6 points to a solution that does not exist as of yet. I can only comment once it is available, but the fact that you need an extra hooks to address the scalability just confirms the limited scaling property of the basic proposal.

thanks,
Peter

--
Uma C.