Hi,

as a part of the RtgDir review we got a comment about the usage of the IA bit in the OSPFv3 Extended Prefix Range TLV (Section 5).

We defined this bit for OSPFv2 originally. In OSPFv2 Extended Prefix Range TLV is carried as a top level TLV of the Extended Prefix Opaque LSA, which is not specific to any route-type, so we needed a mechanism to prevent redundant flooding of Prefix Range TLVs between areas.

In OSPFv3 however, we are advertising the Extended Prefix Range TLV in the type specific LSAs, so we can use standard rules to prevent the "looping" of advertisements.

So we want to remove the IA bit from the flags field in OSPFv3 Extended Prefix Range TLV.

I would like to know whether anyone has any objection.

thanks,
Peter