HI Tony:

Re: draft-allan-lsr-flooding-algorithm….

My draft falls under the “bushy” class of solutions,  to borrow your
terminology.

So mapping to your datapoints and translating what I presented in Bangkok to
actual numbers:

Graph      Fault free      Single Fault    Replication     Receipt
Diameter        Worst case       Degree          Degree
Diameter
K4,17      2               3               17              2
K4,40      2               3               40              2
K8,80      2               3               80              2
K8,200     2               3               200             2
K16,200    2               3               200             2
K20,400    2               3               400             2
K40,800    2               3               800             2

Worst case occurs when an inter node link fails, as the LSA from one end of the
link needs to loop back via the other root to the node at the other end of the
failed link.

Rgds
Dave