From: Aijun Wang <wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 3:27 PM
To: John E Drake <jdrake=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com>; Acee Lindem (acee)
<a...@cisco.com>; lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Working Group Adoption Poll for "OSPF Extension for Prefix
Originator" - draft-wang-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-ext-01

Hi, John:

Thanks for your review and comments.
The use cases and original thought in this draft are different from that
described in RFC7794. We have pointed out that RFC7794 has the similar
extension for ISIS and indicated that the extension for ISIS can also be used
in the use cases described in our draft. What’ other content do you think it is
needed further?
RFC 7770  solves mainly the advertising of router’s capabilities, it shouldn’t
be used for transmitting the information about the prefixes.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom

On Feb 21, 2019, at 23:41, John E Drake
<jdrake=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org<mailto:jdrake=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org>>
 wrote:
Hi,

I agree with Les.  I think the draft should be recast to indicate that it is
providing OSPF parity with RFC 7794.
Can’t topology discovery be done using RFC 7770?

Yours Irrespectively,

John