Hi Mirja,

On 8/19/19, 12:25 PM, "Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker" <nore...@ietf.org>
wrote:

    Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-ospf-yang-26: No Objection

    introductory paragraph, however.)

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-yang/

    COMMENT:

    Just two quick questions about references:

    - Is there no reference for mtu-ignore (see section 2.4)? If not, can you
    further describe what exactly would be disabled?

I added "specified in section 10.6 of [RFC2328]." to the sentence.

    - Also is there no reference for OSPF Non-Stop Routing (NSR) (see section
    2.4)...?

While many vendors have implemented this feature, there is no standard as the
goal is to restart without other OSPF routers being impacted. We did add the
additional text to describe the feature and differences with OSPF Graceful
Restart.

    And one more comment:

    In the interface-common-config part (p76 and p77) you provide example or
    default values for various intervals and delays. Where does those values
come
    from? Would it be possible to provide a reference/RFC that specifies actual
    default values? Especially when you specify something normatively ("The
value
    MUST be greater than 'hello-interval'.") it would be good to provide a
    reference!  Do any specification maybe also specify min and max value? If
so,
    you should mention them here as well! If not would it make sense to
recommend
    min and max values? If possible I would strongly support to describe min and
    max values as well!

The whole question of defaults generated quite a lot of discussion as there
isn't really any one-size-fits all default and the sample values are very
conservative. This is how we ended up with sample values in the text rather
than YANG defaults. Since the protocol specification doesn’t specify min and
max values, we were hesitant to specify them in the YANG model more than 20
years later. Also, many vendors have supported sub-second hellos. This wasn't a
good idea and it has been supplanted by BFD. I will add RFC 2328 Appendix C as
a reference for the sample values.