On January 10, 2020 at 10:53:40 AM, Les Ginsberg wrote:

Les:

Hi!

> We are working on addressing your comments - but it will take us a bit of
> time to complete that - please be patient.

You have all been very patient with me already -- I can only return
the favor. :-)

> One question. In several places you are requesting a forward reference to the
> IANA Considerations section. For example in Section 4.1.
> I find this ask rather unusual.
> Section 4.1 is defining the format of some fields in the new sub-TLV. What
> would be the need of a forward reference to the IANA section?
> I cannot recall ever doing the equivalent in any draft I have worked on.

231     4.1.  Application Identifier Bit Mask

233       Identification of the set of applications associated with link
234       attribute advertisements utilizes two bit masks.  One bit mask is for
235       standard applications where the definition of each bit is defined in
236       a new IANA controlled registry.  A second bit mask is for non-
237       standard User Defined Applications(UDAs).

In this case, there is a mention in the text about the new registry --
I thought it would be useful to the reader to have a pointer to where
the values are.

The comment was meant just as a suggestion.

Alvaro.