Hi Chris,

On 12/03/2020 15:58, Chris Bowers wrote:
Peter,

I think that the SRv6 SID Structure Sub-Sub-TLV should be removed from draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions.  I think that we should leave the ability to include sub-sub-TLVs in the SRv6 End SID Sub-TLV, End.X SID Sub-TLV, and LAN End.X SID Sub-TLV in the encodings for those sub-TLVs.

I don't think that the current text describing the SRv6 SID Structure Sub-Sub-TLV would result in interoperable implementations.  Based on the

SRv6 base spec defines SID B, L, A, F.

SRv6 protocol specs are advertising these values with the SRv6 SID, they don't use them. The usage is outside of the scope of the protocol drafts. What exactly is the problem?

thanks,
Peter

discussion with Ketan below, it appears that use cases for ISIS speakers receiving advertised values of LB Length, LN Length, Fun. Length, and Arg. Length are not currently well-defined.    So I think it makes sense to defer the definition of the SRv6 SID Structure Sub-Sub-TLV to a future document.

Thanks,
Chris

    Dropping the draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming authors
    since we are now back to discussing the ISIS extensions.____

    __ __

    Please check inline below.____

    __ __