Hi Peter,

> it may be worth to make your algorithm one of the standardized distributed
> algorithms. There might be some work to make it deterministic, like the
> selection rules mentioned below, but it should be doable.
>
> What do you think?

I will certainly stipulate the possibility.

However, as I’ve said from the start, I have some grave concerns about
debugging this and making it inter-operable. Every node choice, every edge
selection, from the selection of the initial node, through DFS, through BFS,
needs to be identical. The weighting between degree and diameter needs to
deterministic and fixed.

We would have to have extensive deployment experience before I would feel
comfortable pouring concrete on this.

So, if someone would like to make a distributed version, we will support it.
But we aren’t in a place where we’re ready to drive that effort. Please feel
free.

Tony