Hi!

Yes, we cannot specify something that routers unaware of this specification
should or shouldn’t do.

I believe that Elwyn’s point is this: *if a router supports this
specification* then when would it not advertise the ELC?  IOW, the
specification only obviously applies to implementations that support it —
in that case I would think that if a router supports ELs on all of its
interfaces then it would always advertise the ELC, right?

Thanks!

Alvaro.