Alissa,

as Les correctly pointed out privately to me, this updated text is not entirely correct. Not advertising the ELC bit can be result of:

a) router not supporting this extension
b) router supporting this extension, but not supporting ELC

So I would rather keep the original text unchanged.

This is not anything new. This ambiguity is common for any new protocol extension that signals a boolean type of information.

thanks,
Peter