From: Peter Psenak <ppse...@cisco.com>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 11:01 AM
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@futurewei.com>; gen-...@ietf.org
Cc: last-c...@ietf.org; lsr@ietf.org;
draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse....@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-12

Hi Linda,

On 01/06/2020 17:30, Linda Dunbar wrote:
> Peter,
> You said:
> /“//the problem with existing advertisement is that RSVP-TE will use
> it, even if it was not intended to be used by RSVP-TE.//”/ What is the
> problem if RSVP-TE use the advertisement? What specific attributes
> that RSVP-TE shouldn’t use?

Following text has been added to the draft based on comments from Scott.

"An example where this ambiguity causes problem is a network which has RSVP-TE
enabled on one subset of links, and SRTE enabled on a different subset. A link
attribute is advertised for the purpose of some other application (e.g. SRTE)
for a link that is not enabled for RSV-TE. As soon as the router that is an
RSVP-TE head-end sees the link attribute being advertised for such link, it
assumes RSVP-TE is enabled on that link, even though in reality, RSVP-TE is not
enabled on it. If such RSVP-TE head-end router tries to setup an RSVP-TE path
via link where RSVP-TE is not enabled it will result in the path setup failure."

Hope it makes it clear and addresses your question.

thanks,
Peter