Hi Shraddha,

draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-00 was published May 15, 2018 (over two years ago).

It clearly stated:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-00#section-9

"To advertise a link affinity in a form of the AG or EAG that is used
 during Flex-Algorithm calculation, an Application Specific Link
 Attributes sub-TLV as described in [I-D.ietf-isis-te-app], or sub-TLV
 of Extended Link TLV as described in [I-D.ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse]
 MUST be used. The advertisement MUST indicate that it is usable by the
 Flex-Algorithm application."

This is consistent with normative statements in both https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-te-app-19 and https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/ which REQUIRE the use of application specific advertisements by all applications other than the legacy applications (RSVP-TE, Segment Routing Policy, Loop Free Alternate).

draft-hegdeppsenak-isis-sr-flex-algo had a lifetime of 10 months(V00 published in July 2017) and draft-ppsenak-ospf-sr-flex-algo only 3 months (V00 published in Feb 2018).

Juniper may have its own reasons why over the course of the past two years it has chosen not to modify its early implementation to be compatible with what is defined in the WG adopted draft. We do not question this choice. But it seems the most appropriate way to communicate this is for Juniper to document in its vendor specific documents that its implementation is based on a pre-WG draft and is incompatible with the IETF defined standard. IETF documents are not the correct place for such proprietary information.

It is obvious that the implementation that is not following the
final specification will not interoperate with other implementations that do so. There is no need to mention that in the RFC.

thanks,
Peter and Les