From: lsr-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:lsr-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Acee
Lindem (acee)
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:16 PM
To: Peter Psenak <ppsenak=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org>; Aijun Wang
<wangai...@tsinghua.org.cn>; 'Aijun Wang' <wang...@chinatelecom.cn>
Cc: lsr@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for
draft-wang-lsr-passive-interface-attribute-04.txt

Speaking as WG member:

Hi Aijun, Peter,
I agree with Peter - one of the main motivations for having areas is to
abstract the topology within the area. Now you're trying to supplant this  -
one topological detail at a time with ill-conceived IGP features.

On 9/29/20, 5:15 AM, "Lsr on behalf of Peter Psenak" <lsr-boun...@ietf.org on
behalf of ppsenak=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

    Hi Aijun,

    On 29/09/2020 11:07, Aijun Wang wrote:
    > Hi, Peter:
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.
    > 1. For BGP-LS deployment, there normally only be one router that within
the
    > IGP domain to report the topology information, this router should know
such
    > passive links which exists mainly on other border routers via the IGP
    > protocol. This is main reason to extension the IGP protocol. > 2. For the
solution, normally, the link within the IGP connect two
    ends, but
    > passive interface is special and not fall in this space. We have studied
the
    > current TLVs that for link, and find no suitable container to append this
    > information. This is the reason that we select the TLVs that associated
with
    > Prefix.

    if the link is unnumbered, your solution does not work. As I said, if
    you need a knowledge about the link, you can not advertise it as a prefix.

    thanks,
    Peter

    >>From other POV, the OSPFv3 defines now the "Intra-Area-Prefix LSA", which
    > isolate the prefix information that associated with link into this
    > container, contains the stub link, local interface information etc. Put
such
    > attribute along with the prefix is then acceptable?
    >

    > Best Regards
    >
    > Aijun Wang
    > China Telecom

Peter
    > Psenak
    > Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 4:29 PM
    > To: Aijun Wang <wang...@chinatelecom.cn>
    > Cc: lsr@ietf.org
    > Subject: Re: [Lsr] FW: New Version Notification for
    > draft-wang-lsr-passive-interface-attribute-04.txt
    >
    > Hi Aijun,
    >
    > here's my comments:
    >
    > The purpose of this draft is to advertise passive links.
    >
    > 1. I'm not sure the problem needs to be solved by IGPs. I tend to believe
    > ietf-idr-bgpls-inter-as-topology-ext is sufficient.
    >
    > 2. the solution that you proposed is wrong. You are trying to derive
    > topological data about the passive links from the prefix advertisement.
    > This is semantically incorrect and only works under very specific
condition.
    > If you need to advertise a link, advertise it as a "special"
    > link, not as a "special" prefix.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Peter
    >
    > On 29/09/2020 03:17, Aijun Wang wrote:
    >> Hi, Peter:
    >>
    >> Would you like to review and give comments on the updates version of this
    > draft?
    >> We have also added the protocol extension proposal for OSPFv3.
    >>
    >> The update version of this draft can refer to
    >> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-lsr-passive-interface
    >> -attribute
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    >> Best Regards