Hi Jimmy.

On 12/10/2020 09:12, Dongjie (Jimmy) wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your explanation. I understand that for different data plane the
SIDs or IP addresses have different scope, and will not conflict in normal
cases.

My question is more about whether a computation node needs to know and check
which data plane is used by the intermediate nodes to bind to the Flex-Algo? In
another word, can an SR path computed using Flex-Algo 128 go through an
intermediate node which bind Flex-Algo 128 to IP data plane?

computation node MUST check the application specific participation in flex-algo and participation advertisement is application specific. SR and IP are different applications from flex-algo perspective.

draft-ietf-lsr-flex-algo-12, section 10.2:

   Application-specific advertisement for Flex-Algorithm participation
   MUST be defined for each application

thanks,
Peter

Best regards,