On 04/03/2021 17:54, Robert Raszuk wrote:

So it is undefined in the spec.

All along I was just asking what is your default probing interval.

I thought I have responded to that earlier today, please look at my first response today.

It can be: 0 ms - means never probe.

one can even statically provision the min delay value, if that is what is preferred.

It can be probe every N ms|s|min\hours etc ..means prove every N ms|s|min\h etc ...

It can also be probe every time after link down -> up event but not more often then M ms

yes, all that control exist and most of it is under the control of the operator.

thanks,
Peter

Care to share that with the group ?

Thx,
R.

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 2:30 PM Peter Psenak <ppse...@cisco.com <mailto:ppse...@cisco.com>> wrote:

    On 04/03/2021 14:28, Robert Raszuk wrote:
     >      > Is it minimum ever, is it min of the year, month, week,
    day ... etc

     > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8570#section-4.2
     >
     >     Peter
     >

     > Maybe it is just me but in section 4.2 I see NOTHING about how often
     > that delay should be measured which was the point above.

    it says it clearly - "over a configurable interval"

    Peter