Hi Peter,

> > Example 1:
> >
> > If session to PE1 goes down, withdraw all RDs received from such PE.
>
> still dependent on RDs and BGP specific.

To me this does sound like a feature ... to you I think it was rather
pejorative.

> We want app independent way of
> signaling the reachability loss. At the end that's what IGPs do without
> a presence of summarization.

Here you go. I suppose you just drafted the first use case for OSPF
Transport Instance.

I suppose you just run new ISIS or OSPF Instance and flood info about PE
down events to all other instance nodes (hopefully just PEs and no Ps as
such plane would be OTT one).  Still you will be flooding this to 100s of
PEs which may never need this information at all which I think is the main
issue here. Such bad news IMHO should be distributed on a pub/sub basis
only. First you subscribe then you get updates ... not get everything then
keep junk till it get's removed or expires.

Many thx,
Robert