From: lsr-boun...@ietf.org <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Uma Chunduri
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 4:48 AM
To: lsr@ietf.org
Subject: [Lsr] LSR meeting comment on draft-acee-lsr-ospf-transport-instance

Dear Authors,

Just want to quickly clarify my comment today on this draft.

We know there was a significant discussion many years ago when similar work was
done during  RFC 6822 (ISIS-MI) and RFC 6823 (GenInfo).  The usefulness of this
is evident with the more recent publication
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8202/. I am certainly not in the group and
would not question 'why' this is needed in OSPF.

However, section 3.1 use cases are difficult to understand and quite frankly
either through the reference (ETSI-WP28-MEC) or the cases listed. As long as
there is overlay in those networks (with the 3GPP preferred option expanded
rapidly for multiple interfaces beyond N9, F1, W1 etc after REL16+) the
usefulness of this core network and application info into the underlay and
routing layer is limited and even more so for UEs.

So please either expand the use case (sec 3.1) to see how this is applicable or
leave it out for future scenarios.

--

Uma C.