was a little confusing given the reply chain.

(I’ve already given my opinion but said I’m not going to go to the mat over it.)

—John

On May 17, 2021, at 8:21 AM, Acee Lindem (acee)
<acee=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

That we be my preference as well. We’ve had several discussions on what
constitutes “update” and I believe that the consensus was that a document isn’t
“updated” unless the current behavior is changed. If we’ve done our jobs,
protocols are designed to be extended and these extensions shouldn’t constitute
updates.

From: Alvaro Retana <aretana.i...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, May 17, 2021 at 6:55 AM
To: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsb...@cisco.com>, "Peter Psenak (ppsenak)"
<ppse...@cisco.com>, John Scudder <jgs=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Cc: John Scudder via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>,
"draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensi...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensi...@ietf.org>, "lsr@ietf.org" <lsr@ietf.org>,
"lsr-cha...@ietf.org" <lsr-cha...@ietf.org>, The IESG <i...@ietf.org>,
Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org>
Subject: Re: John Scudder's No Objection on
draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-14: (with COMMENT)

Peter:

Hi!

As John mentioned, "Since for better or worse we don’t have a firm definition
of when we do, and don’t, use “updates”, it comes down to a matter of personal
taste in the end.”

I rather you leave it in.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On May 17, 2021 at 6:42:48 AM, Peter Psenak